It’s such a source of pride to share that Peru has been chosen as a leading tourist destination in South America, winning recognition in various categories of the World Travel Awards of 2023, known as the “Oscars of Tourism.” Announced just over a month ago on August 26th, 2023, our awards worth mentioning include:
- South America’s Leading Culinary Destination 2023 – Peru has achieved this accolade 10 times in the last 12 years.
- South America’s Leading Cultural Destination 2023 – Peru has won this title consistently for the last 6 years.
- South America’s Leading Destination 2023 – This is the very first time Peru has received this award in the last 27 years, finally beating out Chile, Argentina, Colombia, Ecuador, and Brazil.
In addition to the awards recognizing the entire country, the Machu Picchu archeological site also won the prestigious title of “South America’s Leading Tourist Attraction 2023,” a title it’s held for the last 6 years. This speaks not only to the importance of the Inca citadel in the region (the Incas led the largest empire in the Americas before Christopher Columbus arrived), but also to the efforts of the Peruvian government to protect and conserve the tourist site.
Machu Picchu tours run daily, and trips to Machu Picchu can be personalized to your preferences:
- Machu Picchu-Sacred Valley Tours – This is the most popular tour, which packs in Machu Picchu and other important tourist sites along the way with minimal hiking.
- Machu Picchu Tours: One Day – This fits the entire experience into a single day.
- 2-Day Tours to Machu Picchu – This tour is ideal for senior citizens so that you can take your time on the journey to and from Machu Picchu.
- 2-Day Inca Trail Hike to Machu Picchu – This trek gives you a taste of the Inca Trail on day 1 with a tour of Machu Picchu on day 2.
- 4-Day Inca Trail Hike to Machu Picchu – This is a challenging multi-day trekking and camping trip that takes you by foot to Machu Picchu.